More Stuff

Friday, September 11, 2026

Building the Barbose Mining Co. Stamp Mill - Windows and Doors

Things continue to progress at a slow pace. Weathering is pretty much finished on the four sub-assemblies and I'm moving on to windows and doors, which is pretty much in line with the instructions at this point.
I mounted everything on a piece of plywood with double sided tape, then primed, painted the base color and then added an oil based wash. They still came out a bit to uniform but I'm not sure what else I can do at this point. Will have to dwell on it a bit.

I test fitted the windows and doors and now I'm ready to add the window glazing. Not going for see-through windows on this one, everyone needs to be fogged so we just see the impression of light rather than the interior. There is not going to be very little if any interior detail on this one.

The painting on the windows and doors is complete.

And this is what it looks like after I have pulled them off the double sided tape.
One important note here. I used Scotch brand double sided tape, be careful to only tape the edges of the castings. This tape is strong and I broke off a few mullions getting the windows off, because I made sure they were well taped down!

Windows and doors waiting to be installed. Anything gray is the backside and are windows I had to fix.

Quick test to make sure everything looks okay. Its not bad and I think this was a better choice than painting the window and door frames in almost any other color.


The inside and why we don't want to see it!




No comments:

Post a Comment