Quotes

Life is short, break the rules. Forgive quickly, kiss slowly. Love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that makes you smile. - Samuel Longhorne Clemens (Mark Twain)

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Kickstarter Rewards Arrive - Critical Mass Games - ZAS 15mm Mercs

Nothing like a little care package in the mail! There was a package from the UK in the mailbox today so that meant it was time to bring out the camera to record the unveiling of my ZAS Mech Infantry Co. I took the upgrade to add IFVs and the light Grav Tanks and added three of the Strike Hawks for a little air support. I know that CMG was going to be buried in their very sucessful kickstarter so I ordered some additional support troops before that. While the Kickstarter was still in the pledge stage II ordered three Warmonger Grav Tanks, three Vanquisher SPA vehicles, and three Hellfire SPAA vehicles. I should be able to field a pretty decent force for Tomorrow's War now.

At this point I have received 10 of the 18 Kickstarters I have supported. Only one is really late (and I do mean really late at this point) and five are just now approaching their delivery dates. A couple of them are so far out in the future that I'm likely to forget that I funded them until some thing shows up on the doorstep.

Since the pictures are always better than my words here is some visual reference:

















12 comments:

  1. I grabbed a gunship for a few quid and it arrived really quick. Probably wont see my paint for a while though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You pledged for one of the painted pledges? Sounds like they are psyched to get moving on that part of it.

      Delete
  2. Superb haul there. I missed out on this one. Plenty to keep you busy there whats going to get build and painted first?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I didn't miss it! When it started though I was pretty focused on getting my Traveller campaign going and excited about the Tomorrow's War rules. I think I'll hit the infantry component first and leave the armor and vehicles as the carrot on the stick.

      Delete
  3. Loads of detail in these for 15mm. The chopper is way cool and so is the tank.

    I'm waiting for Drake to ship and they're a month late right now. But they did so many add ons at the end, I expected them to be behind. I won't worry about it unless it goes past October.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Time is the big killer on these Kickstarter projects, its so hard to estimate how long its really going to take to pull it all together. I'm still waiting on my Gnomes right now. I would expect most KS projects to be at least three months late on delivery so past October sounds like estimate on time. The Drakes were cool, just not my cup of tea.

      Delete
  4. Very cool. I sometimes wonder why I am so stubborn about 1/72, 20mm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We all have our favorite scales. 15mm has always been one of my favorite scales, but I do moderns in 20mm because vehicles are more readily available in that scale. They all have their pros and cons.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The chopper model is impressive looking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is impressive! I hope its not to fragile for the gaming table. I'll have to dig up something to serve as flight stands.

      Delete
  7. Some great looking figures and models Kris, now you better get some paint on them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do need to get in there and paint these up. Maybe a bit more incentive since they can do double duty in my Traveller campaign.

      Delete