The carpets were pulled in the initial cleanup and we went over the floor again to make sure that there were no staples left behind (I don't recommend the bare foot approach but it can be quite effective in finding sharp objects.). Carpet tack strips were pulled up and the old baseboards were removed and will be replaced with new ones. Since we were down to bare subfloor at this point painting really only required us to tape off the window and the closet door. The regular door has seen better days and will be replaced when everything else is finished.
Painted by spraying on new white primer followed by spraying on the first coat of paint. I didn't really get the coverage I wanted with that so we rolled another coat of the paint on. I think it looks great! Then we moved on to the floor putting down and underlayment followed by laminate floor planking (Tavern Oak). I'm basically down to the tricky stuff that has to be cut at this point but I'm very pleased with the result so far. I'm not looking forward to working in the closet though!
A few pictures of the progress from last week.
|Looking in from the hallway. Every spot where you see underlayment needs to have planks cut and fitted now. The easy part is finished.|
|A step inside the room looking towards the NW corner. This is probably the truest looking for colors.|
|From the SW corner looking back towards the front window (the house faces north).|
|A slightly better look at the floor.|
|Looking back towards the door and the hallway. The closet door is still taped off from painting.|