Quotes

Life is short, break the rules. Forgive quickly, kiss slowly. Love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that makes you smile. - Samuel Longhorne Clemens (Mark Twain)

Friday, June 7, 2019

World War II Project - New Paints

I'm trying to move forward with the German Troops and a couple of vehicles. I wanted to try some new techniques so I decided to use a little birthday money and order some paints from Ammo. They actually arrived quite quickly (via DHL from Spain) and I had the pleasure of opening the box today. On the other hand the book is so new it still smells of the printing process and has managed to give me slight headache.

Right now all of this dovetails into the Sledgehammer project as the troops for that will have a uniform based on the German Field Grey and I need to be moving on to that batch fairly quickly at this point.



I'm not quite sure I have the clearance to actually open this box.

The knife slipped, really, right through every piece of tape.

More or less to fill out missing colors 

I'm curious to try out Ammo's version of Field Grey. You can't really go wrong there are so many variations.

These are intriguing as I'm trying more techniques involving oil and enamel paints. These look like they will make some of those techniques a lot easier. Its basically a small container with a brush. I have seen Jame Wappel use these on a couple of projects and he likes them. He also found a way to make them himself using nail polish bottles.

And a book, because I'm always interested to see if there is something I have missed. This book is not bad, it really needs a bit more explanation than it has and there are a number of  steps it completely skips, like how the decals were chipped (as an example). Its not a bad introductory book though and you can buy it as part of a set that literally includes all the materials that they use in the book, short of the model itself.

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing how these go, particularly the oil brushers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definitely looking forward to working with the oil brushers. Wappel likes them a lot hopefully they will work out for me as well.

      Delete