Quotes

Life is short, break the rules. Forgive quickly, kiss slowly. Love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that makes you smile. - Samuel Longhorne Clemens (Mark Twain)

Monday, April 13, 2020

WWII Project - Back to Normandy - More Priming

Another day of grey priming. Much like the Stugs, these 21st Panzer Division vehicles now have grey primer on all of the upper surfaces. Again, I will be stopping here with the priming and doing the rest when I paint the camo. Found a nice source for some of the markings that the 21st used on these vehicles in Normandy so I'll try to see what I can do with that. One thing about the Mad Bob Miniatures is that the castings are pretty rough. While they don't have a lot of bubbles to be dealt with they are not smooth castings. In some cases this isn't a problem especially vehicles with sand cast turrets and the like. However, these vehicles are all made from rolled steel plates. Since they are intended for gaming I didn't make any efforts this time to smooth out the surfaces. I think the biggest challenge will be trying to match them up with the first batch of vehicles I painted for this although in the end it really doesn't matter to much so I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.


Now with a nice shade of grey on the top and just across the top of the tracks and suspension.



2 comments:

  1. Very nice, perhaps I should have gone with the 21st instead of the 2nd for Normandy, but its too late now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I model the 21st in North Africa so I figured I would just keep going with in Normandy. Easy decision to make with the Kampgrugge Von Luck pint sized campaign from Two Fat Lardies.

      Delete