Quotes

Life is short, break the rules. Forgive quickly, kiss slowly. Love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that makes you smile. - Samuel Longhorne Clemens (Mark Twain)

Monday, November 30, 2020

Printing Begins

Things have gone better than expected with the card. While the image transfer didn't work out quite as well as I had hoped it would, it worked well enough to get the carving done. Next time I need to be sure to cover both surfaces with the gel. I only coated the lino and while that worked the image did pull away with the paper so I need a stronger bond.

All three "plates" are carved and some test prints have been made. The registration of the blocks needs to be adjusted a bit but really it was pretty good considering I really forgot about needing to make registration marks at all.

Here we go ready to start full scale production!

In the upper left you can just make out the drying racks. Under that are the three cans of ink being used for this card. Bottom left is my quickly thrown together registration plate, it is as perfect a 90 degree angle as I can make with my carpenter squares. In place is the red plate and the black and green plates are off to the right. Brayer and ink knife towards the upper right and then my wooden spoon I use as a baren (and no I didn't steal it from the kitchen, my wife gave it to me because it wasn't a good wooden kitchen spoon, makes a great baren though!).

No comments:

Post a Comment