Quotes

Life is short, break the rules. Forgive quickly, kiss slowly. Love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that makes you smile. - Samuel Longhorne Clemens (Mark Twain)

Monday, November 9, 2020

World War II Project - STuG Mods - Debris Shield Finished

The STuGs are finally ready for some paint. Over the weekend I was able to finish off the debris shield. I filled the gap with a styrene strip filed it down a bit to fit and then created the weld seam using plastic glue. I basically spread the glue along the seam to soften the plastic and then scored it with a somewhat sharp knife. I then added the two rivets or bolts. I started with a long piece of styrene rod and then once it had set I trimmed it down to the right height.

STuGs are now in the airbrush booth ready for a little primer and then some camo work.

Long pieces of styrene rod in place, these get trimmed down after the glue has set

After trimming

Three STuGs and one STuH after mods

Ready for the airbrush booth...finally



No comments:

Post a Comment