Quotes

Life is short, break the rules. Forgive quickly, kiss slowly. Love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that makes you smile. - Samuel Longhorne Clemens (Mark Twain)

Thursday, February 25, 2021

World War II Project - STuG III Pin Wash

I find the pin wash to be a very tedious technique, however, its an absolutely necessity for me as it really makes the vehicle pop. I have complete one and unfortunately I didn't let the fading dry long enough and I wiped some of that effect out when I cleaned up the wash. The next three will have had a couple of days to dry so they should be fine.

This step is to time consuming to just churn out on all four vehicles so the other three will take a little longer to complete.

Initial application of the wash. I try to be as neat as I can here, otherwise the cleanup takes forever.

Its really hard to be neat on that tread pattern though! I got a little sloppy at the end.

And after I have clean it up. I used odorless thinner with a brush to do this. You do have to be careful you don't want to flood it with thinner you will lose all your work.

STuG 212 looking pretty sharp at this point. Three more to go.


No comments:

Post a Comment