Quotes

Life is short, break the rules. Forgive quickly, kiss slowly. Love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that makes you smile. - Samuel Longhorne Clemens (Mark Twain)

Thursday, May 25, 2023

A Brick Building from the Ground Up - Part 10

A brief update as I keep playing around with oils for weathering. I have used oils extensively for weathering on vehicles but its been a different experience trying them out on building. I decided to start with "old" weathering first. I'm trying to build everything up in layers and start with deeper grime first then work in the rust stains and then follow up with a lighter layer of "dusty" weathering at the end.

Its definitely been different working with these oils just on the sidewalks. I started back in to quickly and pulled off a lot of the light/dark shading work with the next layer of oils, it just had not dried enough for this treatment. Hiding brush marks has been quite the challenge as well. But, I'm pleased with the look so far.











No comments:

Post a Comment