Quotes

Life is short, break the rules. Forgive quickly, kiss slowly. Love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that makes you smile. - Samuel Longhorne Clemens (Mark Twain)

Sunday, July 28, 2024

What's Been Going On - All caught up

The last thing going right now is a project for ReaperCon. Not sure I can pull it off at this point, time is pretty short but I'm going to give it a shot. This is a little vignette from Scale 75 called Charing Cross 1940, Alice and Johnny. I reviewed this box of parts a couple of years ago and I'm just now getting around to putting it together.



I have cleaned up the parts and put together everything that I can before priming. I spent a considerable amount of time trying to figure out what carriage Johnny is leaning out of and it mostly resembles a 100 seater. These were built by South Eastern & Chatham Railway (SECR) in 1923 and were in main line service up until 1961. SECR was merged into the Southern Railway so the red livery is not right, actually it was never right it should be an olive green (although I certainly wouldn't say olive based on what I have seen in photos). I'm not sure I can match the rather odd pattern on the bench so that may just be painted in a solid color.

I modified things a little bit to closer match the actual carriage. I filed off all the big bolts on the inside and I'm still debating if I should include the brake system which I don't see on any of the surviving carriages. I'm definitely dropping the lamp which certainly doesn't show up on a carriage.

Anyway enthusiasm is slowly returning so hopefully things on the blog will get back up to speed.

No comments:

Post a Comment