Quotes

Life is short, break the rules. Forgive quickly, kiss slowly. Love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that makes you smile. - Samuel Longhorne Clemens (Mark Twain)

Monday, January 13, 2020

World War II Project - Sturmgeschutz III

I acquired 3 Stug IIIs from Rubicon. I have finished the basic build on the first one. I have left the tracks, side skirts and spare road wheels off for now to make it easier to paint. Likewise I will paint the stowage and add it after the vehicle painting is finished. The intent is to build all three before painting, but you are all aware of how easily I'm distracted by other things.

I must say that this particular Rubicon kit was a pleasure to build. I have been digging deep into some different painting techniques for these Stugs so I'm anxious to see how they come out. Right now I'm contemplating painting two of them for Europe and maybe one for Africa. I know that the 15th Panzer Division did have a few in Tunisia. The European pair will be finished up with 6th Panzer Division markings.





6 comments:

  1. Looks good. I think it's a later version than those in Tunisia though, should have that blocky angular gun mantle for instance. But if you are ok with it, go for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This first one was built as a late war IIIG. If I build one of the other two for Tunisia it will be a IIIF with the blocky mantlet. The Rubicon kit gives you all the main options for the IIIF and the IIIG.

      Delete
    2. Ah, good then. I must get a couple myself I think.

      Delete
    3. I would certainly recommend these kits!

      Delete
  2. I need to edit this a bit, you cannot build and F version from this kit. You can build a lot of G versions but no Fs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete