Quotes

Life is short, break the rules. Forgive quickly, kiss slowly. Love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that makes you smile. - Samuel Longhorne Clemens (Mark Twain)

Thursday, January 16, 2020

Acquisition - TankCraft Books

I'm sure other modelers out there are well aware of the TankCraft Book Series Pen &Sword but I just stumbled across them this past week. Since my current ADD has me working on some Stug IIIGs I thought I should definitely pick up the Stug III book (#19) and because I had some a gift card for Amazon I picked out books for my other two favorites; Sherman Tanks (#11), and the Jagdpanther (#8). All three of these are by Dennis Oliver. I'll have to run back through the catalog again because I can't believe he hasn't done one on my very favorite the PzKfw III (not that I lack for documentation on that one).

I think the best way to describe this as a hybrid of the Squadron/Signal In Action series with the Osprey New Vanguard Series and the Osprey Modeling Series. Probably could replace all three books in your library (like any of use would likely do that but still). I'm very pleased with these books after an initial thumb through and will likely turn here first for more books as needed. Although I would still recommend the Panzer Tracts books for the deep dive research.




No comments:

Post a Comment