Phase 1 involved the destruction and removal of the existing concrete, digging out the area for the new concrete, prepping everything for the concrete pour and then pouring and finishing the new surface. The concrete is setting now under a bundle of thermal blankets as winter finally decided to arrive here in the middle of the project,
I really didn't keep a good photographic record of this project so it begins with the pile of concrete, the remains of the old patio. This is about half, one load has already gone to the dump or where ever they take this stuff.
|The pile of concrete by the time I realized I had not taken any pictures of the work.|
|The edges are defined by the 2x4s and the wire mesh is in place|
|They were able to cut around the concrete base of the garden entry and the existing water fountain.|
|The concrete pour starts. I found the whole process rather fascinating.|
|Larry supervised the entire operation|