Quotes

Life is short, break the rules. Forgive quickly, kiss slowly. Love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that makes you smile. - Samuel Longhorne Clemens (Mark Twain)

Monday, December 10, 2018

Early Christmas - USS Arizona

A very large packaged arrived this week containing my Christmas present from my wife. This is quite the departure for me and I imagine its going to be a very long build, but after visiting Hawaii this year this seemed quite appropriate.

I'll try and build it as it was the day of the attack, I'm sure there is plenty of reference photos out there. There is another whole kit of photo etched parts coming too, that will be a new experience. I know for sure that I won't be using the crew as supplied, they are not much more than blobs of plastic.


1/200th scale plastic goodness



The hull is about 36" long and 8" wide.




2 comments:

  1. 1/200! That will be a big ship. Are you going to super detail it, or build it more or less out of the box?

    And 1/200 figures may be hard to find, but will certainly be better looking that the usual supplied with a kit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’ll be picking up at least one of the photo etched detail kits and I have been looking at other builds that show a lot of improvements that can be done to make it more accurate. So I’ll probably fall somewhere on the more detailed side. I have already found 1/200 scale crewman, that was easier than I had expected!

      Delete