Quotes

Life is short, break the rules. Forgive quickly, kiss slowly. Love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that makes you smile. - Samuel Longhorne Clemens (Mark Twain)

Monday, January 11, 2021

World War II Project - STuG III Decals

Found a little time to get the decals on the STuGs and the STuH. I used the decals from the Rubicon Jagdpanther kit as those seemed to be a better match for the unit STuG battalion I'm modeling. I ended up having to splice some of the numbers together but I think they came out okay.

I did prep by applying a satin finish to the full body of the STuGs and the skirts. After I had the decals on I hit them up with another layer of the satin finish to seal the decals. I can finally move on to the fun part!




2 comments:

  1. Do you find that satin is smooth enough for decals? I have always read that gloss is needed, but lack practical experience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I was able to apply them and still wet them and move them around on the surface a bit before I set them. The satin finish will give a bit more tooth for the some of the weathering steps to hold on to. Just have to remember to seal them afterwards! In theory you could still apply a gloss sealer, apply the decals and then seal with the satin.

      Delete