Quotes

Life is short, break the rules. Forgive quickly, kiss slowly. Love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that makes you smile. - Samuel Longhorne Clemens (Mark Twain)

Tuesday, January 2, 2024

Painting the HO ScaleHumans - Priming

The Holidays are over and I finally have some time to get back to the workbench. I'm going to start the year off working on the HO scale prints from ScaleHumans (available on Shapeways). I had prepped both the HO and O scale versions a couple of weeks ago so its time to get down to business with a little primer.

Once more to the airbrush booth with Badger Stynylrez grey primer. Nothing special here, thinned the primer a little bit set the psi to 10.

Here are the results:
They look pretty good at this stage, but I am concerned about what look like printing artifacts/rough patches and a general fuzziness to some of the prints. I'm going to go ahead and get some paint on these and see how they look after that first wash. Otherwise I may be experimenting to see how I can finish them better for painting. I had selected a tan for one set (which I shouldn't have been able to) and ultra for the other set. They are easy to tell apart, the ultra ones are visibly smaller and I don't know if that's because of the material they are printed in. The only way to know for sure would be to order the other set in ultra and see what happens.




I love this conductor. Unfortunately I won't be able to use him on the Warehouse Row layout, wrong era. Everyone else is generic enough to pass for the late 50s without a problem.






No comments:

Post a Comment