Quotes

Life is short, break the rules. Forgive quickly, kiss slowly. Love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that makes you smile. - Samuel Longhorne Clemens (Mark Twain)

Thursday, August 29, 2024

Modeling a Model Railroad - Double Diagonals

I realize that we are constantly fighting parallel lines on these narrow shelf layouts. Since I'm going to use cassettes on either end of the layout I need the mainline, at the very least, to exit off the end at 90 degrees. That requirement pretty much keeps the tracks parallel to the edge.

The other day when I was messing around with the diagonal road or viaduct on the right side it occurred to me that maybe two parallel diagonals would be better. This thought, of course, changed the direction of what I wanted to do next but since the whole purpose of this exercise is to try new things I opted to try a double diagonals. Of course this entailed suddenly building a whole lot of buildings with angled walls.

Here is the result (I'm using the other buildings to build up a background):

Elevated view of the tracks

A slightly lower view

From the left end looking towards the viaduct

Looking down towards the open end

Adding a view freight cars, today we are using the CF7 as motive power today






No comments:

Post a Comment