Quotes

Life is short, break the rules. Forgive quickly, kiss slowly. Love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that makes you smile. - Samuel Longhorne Clemens (Mark Twain)

Friday, April 1, 2016

A New Eagle

Okay, I admit it I was a huge Space 1999 fan back in the 70s and the Eagle transporter is probably one of my favorite science fiction space vehicles. Right along side the X-Wing fighter and the Viper from Battlestar Galactica.

Round 2 productions has released a brand new 22" kit for the Eagle as well as putting some of the early Eagles back into production. I'm really excited and as soon as the bonus hits the bank account I'll be picking up at least one of these bad boys and a couple of the other re-issued kits (just to practice on mind you),
The new kit, essentially 1/48th Scale I think


The old kit, it has problems but there it has some sentimental value,


Still based on the old kit and representing one of the variants seen in the series.
To get the ball rolling I picked up a compilation of Eagle articles that were written leading up to this release. I did go online and found out that it is still possible to get a kit of the 44" Eagle, but I don't have 2 grand ready to drop on that one...not yet anyway!


2 comments:

  1. Wow, a 1/48 Eagle, add in some Crooked Dice ARC astronauts and a cool set of game rules and BLAM! Damm, I SOOOO tempted!

    http://www.crooked-dice.co.uk/wp/product-category/02-heroes-and-allies/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gaming possibilities had not even occurred to me. I guess I'm still a modeller first!

      Delete