Quotes

Life is short, break the rules. Forgive quickly, kiss slowly. Love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that makes you smile. - Samuel Longhorne Clemens (Mark Twain)

Tuesday, April 30, 2019

LA Warehouse District - Setting the Scene - Practice Bujilding

I went ahead and ordered the DV Ros & Co. Building from ITLA Scale Models. Its basically a smaller practice building flat with a blank backwall. Just to explore their kitbashing possibilities I added in two Bricked Modular Wall Kits, one for the side and one to replace the kit's blank wall. Just taking a quick look at everything I'm pleased with the purchase and the delivery out of Canada was pretty quick as well. Here is a quick look at the components:

As it comes in all sealed up in plastic

Instructions are pretty straight forward

I have read through the instructions on how the brick is painted and I'm not sure I'm a fan. I liked the latest ones from Monster Modelworks but until the sale finishes off I can't get to those anymore. I'll have to see if I wrote down the steps in the blog the last time I worked on the brick factory.

The DV Ross building components. Again pretty straight forward and it looks good. It doesn't have quite the detail that Monster has on their brickwork but I'm not convinced that its really necessary in HO scale either.

The modular kit to replace the back wall

Certainly looks like it comes with everything you need.

And the modular kit for the sides. I could either swap these out with the existing walls or add them and get a square building. Still mulling the possibilities on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment