Quotes

Life is short, break the rules. Forgive quickly, kiss slowly. Love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that makes you smile. - Samuel Longhorne Clemens (Mark Twain)

Monday, February 3, 2020

World War II Project - A trio of Stugs + 1 - next steps

I managed a little more work on the StuGs. I took the side skirts and cut them into individual panels and I built tow cables from rigging thread and the ends from the Rubicon German Stowage kit. I wanted to use copper wire but it seems to have disappeared. I'm sure it will show up again when I'm done with the StuGs.

After looking through a fair number of photographs it seems like StuGs didn't typically shed their side skirts to often although they did tend to come out of alignment. The unaligned look is what I'll be going for on these, with maybe one or two missing panels. I just didn't find a lot of damage to the skirts unless the vehicle had been hit and destroyed, otherwise leave them pretty much intact.

A large pile of side skirt panels


I'm at the point where I just need to install the tow cables and then I can start painting.




No comments:

Post a Comment