Quotes

Life is short, break the rules. Forgive quickly, kiss slowly. Love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that makes you smile. - Samuel Longhorne Clemens (Mark Twain)

Monday, October 12, 2020

World War II Project - Jagdpanther by Rubicon - Progress continues

Found some more time to work on the Jagdpanthers but not the STuGs, still struggling with the debris shield (I just need to go to the hobby shop and gaze at the Evergreen and Pastruct racks for a while). I also forgot to mention I have one more reference book, the Panzer Tracts book (Panzer Tracts No. 9-3) and from a technical perspective is most thorough work, it does make for some rather dry reading though. Panzer Tracts books seem to go in and out of print so if you can't get your hands on this one then the Kagero Photosniper book is a reasonable replacement for it.

The  build is basically complete at this point. Note that while I have the tracks in place right now they are not glued on and I'll remove them for painting. I have one more to build and I'll use the G2 hull for the last one.


Making sure that the lower hull is firmly attached to the upper hull


Initial filling of the attachment spots that I don't need on the sides


Stuff that needs to be relocated to the back deck or in the case of the D-Rings (C12 & C13) moved from Step 1 to Step 3

Based on the photo I looked at, after I glued these on, The axe should be located where I put the sledgehammer. The Sledgehammer should be mounted perpendicular to the back edge, rather than parallel like I did, and between the engine hatch and the fan on the right side. 

The  bolt cutters can me mounted here or on the top of the rear deck.


No comments:

Post a Comment