Quotes

Life is short, break the rules. Forgive quickly, kiss slowly. Love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that makes you smile. - Samuel Longhorne Clemens (Mark Twain)

Sunday, September 15, 2013

Flooding in Colorado


I believe many of you know that I live in Colorado. I have been relatively unaffected by the rains that have been falling pretty steadily for the past five days. I have kept a close eye on my family that live here as well as we have been quite fortunate to escape major damage at this point. I came across a gallery of images though that show just how damaging this series of storms has been to the area.

Colorado Flash Floods

8 comments:

  1. I looked at the pics and my God, that's horrible. So much devastation and loss in so many communities. So glad to hear you and yours are okay. I will include you all in my nightly prayers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far, so good. Its bright and sunny right now so hopefully we are at the end of this. I'll take all the prayers I can get, Thank you Anne!

      Delete
  2. I was absolutely staggered when I saw the clips on the news. Hope everyone stays safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. More flash floods and warnings today and it looks like into tomorrow as well. Doing our best to stay out of harms way.

      Delete
  3. I'm glad you're OK,Kris! I have two RTSA troops in the AO of the floods. They taught me about recon and scouting then retired for permanent fishing with their wives there. Their wilderness survival skills are top notch, but lack of activity from them on social media, and no contact does have me worried.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have been fortunate in that there are only 6 confirmed deaths in all of this right now. The number of missing is currently listed at a little over 1200 right now and most news agencies feel that they are just out of contact right now. Although the storm is unusual people were not caught flat-footed by these storms and generally have had plenty of warning to move to higher ground. I'm sure they are okay, but I'll add them into my own prayers.

      Delete
  4. Glad you're okay Kris. Hope the water subsides soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! We aren't used to this kind of weather out here. On the other hand if this had happened two months from now we would probably be looking at 3+ feet of snow. That would not be fun either.

      Delete