Quotes

Life is short, break the rules. Forgive quickly, kiss slowly. Love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that makes you smile. - Samuel Longhorne Clemens (Mark Twain)

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

ReaperCon 2014 - Day 3

Saturday is a pretty busy day for me at ReaperCon. There wasn't really time to take a lot of pictures. I had one vendor coming in today that had to be setup and had to arrange for some demo tables in the vendor room as well. I'm not fond of stuff getting thrown at me at the last minute. I also spend a good portion of the day judging miniatures as well. The Saturday entries had to be judged (although there weren't that many) as well as decisions about Best Display, Best Theme, Judges Choice (for something that was really cool in our opinion), Reaper Sophies (Gold, Silver and Bronze) for single miniature, diorama and open (these had to be or constructed exclusively from Reaper Miniatures). 

The Artists banquet was Saturday night and I shared a table with Pixel (Heidi J), Gene Van Horne, Anne Foerster, Bob Ridolfi, and Julie Guthrie. After that it was out to the main room for the awards ceremony. I think the only pictures I have from Saturday are from the ceremony.

If it wasn't for this set of screens in the main room I would never know what is going on. The entries into the painting competition were shown all weekend on these screens. This time though we had a slide show prepared. 

Ron making a view annoucements

Anne getting up her nerve

A quick huddle away from the microphone. That's Rhonda Bender on the left, Ali Bailey in the back, Jessica Rich (In the Tardis dress) and, of course, Ann Foerster.

Anne thanking the painting crew. Some how I got demoted and Rhonda Bender was the 2nd in command (as it were). Next year she can do all the extra work!
I believe she said that we gave out 258 awards at this show. I'll have to find out what the breakdown was. I know that we had to cast more silver medals earlier in the day.

Who wants to go first?

Lined up and ready to hand out boxes of medals.

No comments:

Post a Comment