Quotes

Life is short, break the rules. Forgive quickly, kiss slowly. Love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that makes you smile. - Samuel Longhorne Clemens (Mark Twain)

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

A Calamity Prototype - The Midnight Star

While waiting for parts for Calamity's Railroad station I started laying out the plans for Calamity's Hotel and Saloon; The Midnight Star. Stolen right out of the movie Silverado. Right now I'm just trying to get a handle on the compromise between the size I want and what will really fit.

Again pictures tell a better tale.


My hand drawn plans

It took to of my sheets of matte board

How many will fit in your standard 10x10 room? Man those bases really take up a lot of space.

Starting to cut away the excess

Playing cowboys here

Cut down

All cut out. The cowboy on the right is standing on what will be the balcony

2 comments:

  1. Looks awesome! But I don't see Stella's ramp behind the bar. Gonna include that?

    I'm wondering if knowing about it will eat at you. ;p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stella's ramp will definitely be there. Where else will the not-Costner cowboy hide? My version will have a few other surprises though!

      Delete