Quotes

Life is short, break the rules. Forgive quickly, kiss slowly. Love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that makes you smile. - Samuel Longhorne Clemens (Mark Twain)

Monday, November 24, 2014

Woodworking - Calibrating

I finally managed to drag out a work table and get my miter saw and drill press setup properly. I sat down and calibrated the miter saw to make sure its making straight cuts. My heavy weights come in handy for this as this is the kind of thing they are designed for. They essentially act as squares and they are heavy enough to stay in place while you make the adjustments.

I switched out the 24 tooth blade for the 45 tooth blade hoping to get a smoother cut so that less finishing work is needed.

Just a couple of quick shots of the results:


Trying out the 45 degree cut. Looks good so far.

Much smoother, cleaner cut. Finishing should be a breeze

That's as perfect a 45 degree angle as I'm going to get.

No comments:

Post a Comment