Quotes

Life is short, break the rules. Forgive quickly, kiss slowly. Love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that makes you smile. - Samuel Longhorne Clemens (Mark Twain)

Friday, September 25, 2015

Day 1 With Alfonso "Banshee" Giraldes

Today was the first day of our three day painting workshop with Alfonso Giraldes. Its been an eye opener I can tell you. I'm still trying to really process everything he tried to show us today. I headed out quite early so I could run by the Union Pacific locomotive yards and get a good parking place.

It was a long day and well worthwhile but I'm not going to disclose, by Alfonso's request, anything specific to his course. He does get paid to teach it after all. So you will get the day in photographs instead.

Oh and I'll post the UP shots when I have a chance. I grabbed the wrong camera and I have to find my card reader that can handle the large size card that comes in the Nikon D70s (not to be confused with my Nikon N70 which is a film camera).


Not really related other than its near the light rail station this is the Buckhorn Exchange one of the oldest restaurants in Denver and in operation over 100 years now. They specialize in wild game so if you have a hankering for something a bit off the beaten path this is the place to go. A bit on the pricey side though. 

Perhaps my most important discovery of the day. Just a couple blocks up from where we are having the class is the tasting room for the Breckenridge Brewery one of our local micro breweries.


The calm before the storm, the empty classroom. I still need to run the power cords so we have power for the lights

Alfonso will get to spend his time standing around by that flip chart in the front.

The crowd begins to gather

Poor Joshua gets to sit next to me

Of course we had to do the classic color wheel exercise although this one had a bit of a twist that I, obviously, was having trouble with.

Lunch Break! Pulled pork sandwiches

Lunchtime discussion

Expounding on something while using Anthony to demonstrate on.

I understand what he was doing but he does it so fast that Its hard to follow.

Shoshie bribing Alfonso with popcorn

Michael and Phil pouring over the exercise we were working on at the end of the day. I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around this one too. I think its time for beer!

No comments:

Post a Comment