Quotes

Life is short, break the rules. Forgive quickly, kiss slowly. Love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that makes you smile. - Samuel Longhorne Clemens (Mark Twain)

Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Calamity Railroad Project - Thinking of Cabooses

I am off on another tangent. While looking at 1/56 scale armor on Shapeways I somehow came across running gear for a DSP&P RR waycar. I have been toying with the idea of building and actual C&NW RR caboose from plans that appeared in the Narrow Gauge and Shortline Gazette and this would provide a firm foundation on which to build that. If all goes according to plan, and rarely does that happen, then I would eventually build two of these and that portion of Calamity's railroad would be done. I have two of the Bachmann cabooses, one has been converted from and eight wheel to a four wheel caboose and the other is waiting for the same treatment. I just need to decide if I want to build or convert at this point.

The Shapeway parts were designed by Michael York and sold on Shapeways through the Oahu Railway and Model Company. He has some interesting parts and I would certainly recommend his work at this point.

DSP&P Waycar running gear. These waycars were flat roofed in the beginning and when taken over by the C&S had cupolas added. These should work well for some of the C&S cabooses


The original conversion from some 4 wheel running gear I stumbled across on eBay. Not quite right.
Back to the drawing board with some new wheels and Grandt Line pedestals


This looks much better with this parts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment