Quotes

Life is short, break the rules. Forgive quickly, kiss slowly. Love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that makes you smile. - Samuel Longhorne Clemens (Mark Twain)

Thursday, June 22, 2023

World War II Project - Return of the Railroad Station

This has been one of those "forever" projects, but I am determined to finish it this time. I have had some extra long meetings over the last couple of weeks so I pulled this out and re-started the tedious process of adding the bumpy brick paper over the arches of the windows and doors. We won't even talk about the decorative brick work at the top of the building.

In order to keep myself moving forward I went ahead and started working on the texture for the out side wall. I'm using some textured gel with "natural sand", I'll take a pic of the container in the next installment, I think its from Liquitex. I used a brush and stippled it on. Then I applied a dark brown first, followed by a light grey and the pure white. This little exercise is what has kept me going this week and moving forward to finishing this structure off.


Hard to see but I have applied the sand texture to the ground floor walls. It dries really clear, if you see white its not ready,
At this point I had applied the texture to the whole structure. I also used periscope blue from Vallejo Tanker series for the trim on the windows and doors.

And here we go three layers of paint and I think I like how its going to look.


The "beauty" shot, such as it is. I feel like I'm finally seeing the end of the tunnel on this one.


No comments:

Post a Comment