Quotes

Life is short, break the rules. Forgive quickly, kiss slowly. Love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that makes you smile. - Samuel Longhorne Clemens (Mark Twain)

Thursday, June 29, 2023

World War II Project - Return to the Railroad Station - Pt 4

I have been avoiding the roof, but in an effort to finish the darn thing I needed to stop avoiding it. I had originally covered the mdf with shingle strips cut from cardboard. I should have sealed the cardboard with something first as it started to suck up paint like there was no tomorrow.

I back tracked a bit and re-primed the roof sections in black and then went over it with a light grey with a bit of light blue added to get a more bluish gray look. Its not bad, not perfect but at least the roof is now ready for weathering. In fact the only big piece remaining is the tile (?) floor on the inside of the main passenger section and the platform. Seems pretty fancy for a small station but that's how it was engraved on their laser. Once that has all been painted up I can start weathering, which is really the fun part.

Black Stynylrez Primer from Badger


Light grey plus a bit of light blue, a couple of colors from Reaper I think they are both out of production now.


And looking pretty good, the strong light is washing the colors out a bit,



No comments:

Post a Comment