Quotes

Life is short, break the rules. Forgive quickly, kiss slowly. Love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that makes you smile. - Samuel Longhorne Clemens (Mark Twain)

Monday, July 10, 2023

World War II Project - 28mm Village Church - Sarissa Precision - The Floor

I'm doing what I can on the church while I figure out the approach for the church windows. The floor is huge so I figured I would start there. The floor itself is in two sections and the fit is not particularly tight. So I spread the glue along the centerline and then used the walls to make sure it didn't get skewed or warped. I let that dry over night.

The gap in the floor is not huge but it didn't glue together very well. That just proved that I would need to use the stone pattern sheet to help hold it together. Kept the measurements as I tight as I could I cut out three sections for the center and one piece for each wing. This did leave four gaps between the interior arches, but I can fill those with strips later. Again I used the walls to make sure everything stayed pretty square through out the gluing process. 

The floor is much stiffer now and shouldn't cause any problems moving forward.

The two halves of the floor glued together with the walls being used for alignment.

Stone paper being applied to the floor. This will help the floor stay together. The gap is, relatively speaking, wide and its hard to get enough glue in there. I applied glue over the entire underside of the paper, paying special attention to the edges. I used my, very heavy, 1-2-3 blocks for weight and for alignment. If you don't have a set of 1-2-3 blocks I really encourage that you pick some up (they are sold in pairs).

Floor is in, taking a look at how it looks.

This time with all the walls in place. If you look close you can see the gaps in the floor between the arches.

Removed the walls and put in some strips to cover the gaps. Hard to even tell they are there. I'm pretty please with how the floor has turned out at this point.


2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. At least, so far, its been more fun than the railroad station. Applying a few "lessons learned" to this build has made it much easier.

      Delete