Quotes

Life is short, break the rules. Forgive quickly, kiss slowly. Love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that makes you smile. - Samuel Longhorne Clemens (Mark Twain)

Monday, July 17, 2023

World War II Project - 28mm Village Church - Sarissa Precision - The Walls - Part 4

Now its on to the short walls. I followed the same process I established for the long walls. One thing I should point out. When I'm doing the initial layout on the back of the stone paper I always mark the top and bottom edges as well as the sides. Since I'm working on the back side of the paper I need to remember that I'm working a mirror image. So if I measured from the left side of the wall, I need to repeat that measurement but working from my right. So mark the paper with an L on the right side and an R on the left side. I mark the bottom because I want to use the original cut edge as the bottom edge, that should be the straightest and unaffected by the wanderings of a knife or scissors. If I'm making two pieces from one sheet of paper I flip it so I'm, again, working from a straight edge and not the cut edge left by the previous piece.

So lots of pictures here to show off how things are looking after I did another round of dry fitting.


Short walls with one side of the arch glued in place

These are dry enough to cut out

gluing on the other side of the arch wall
I
Here are the short walls ready for dry fitting.

Some look at the dry fitting. I really like how its coming along.



Couple of "ground" level shots

From the main door

From the back looking towards the entrance.

No comments:

Post a Comment