Quotes

Life is short, break the rules. Forgive quickly, kiss slowly. Love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that makes you smile. - Samuel Longhorne Clemens (Mark Twain)

Thursday, July 13, 2017

World War II Project - Horsa Glider - Part VIII

Since I had everything out to prime the AWI troops I just moved right on over and primed the Horsa as well. I occasionally manage to operate efficiently, it doesn't happen often so I try not to get use to it.

You definitely have to prime anything built from MDF. MDF sucks up paint like nobody's business and I would rather have it suck up primer than paint. I basically did two coats of the Badger Stynylrez grey primer, my go to primer at this point. 

I followed that up with a black from AMMO by Mig. I have really come to like the airbrush paints out of this line. I can consistently just open the bottle and pour it into the cup and be ready to shoot paint. It certainly makes the whole airbrushing process much easier.

So here is the Horsa as she stands right now, black under surfaces and primer upper surfaces. I will be pulling out the tape to define the edges for the camouflage work on the upper surfaces when I have time to work on it again.






Now that it has dried its definitely looking a little splotchy. A second coat is probably in order this time.



2 comments:

  1. Kris, I've been tasked with assembling one of these for a friend, and I cannot tell you how utterly invaluable your blog posts will doubtless prove to be.

    Bloody well done, and thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you found it useful! I really need to get back to this project. I just need to finish the painting,

      Delete