I have been a little leary of these hunting shirts with all that fringe, but I shouldered forward and I think they came out looking okay in the end.
So this is a lot of pictures without a lot of substance and in many cases you can't really tell what I was working on. Then, of course, there is the period where I forgot to take any pictures at all.
This is where I ended up:
|Starting at my usual spot with the skin|
|Here they are with some shadows and hightlights on the skin. I was trying something different and I'm not terribly happy with it|
|The base for the linen hunting shirts|
|Then moving up to the mid-tone, Reaper HD Tusk Ivory|
|And then highlighting with Reaper MS Linen White. I think its pretty close to what I have seen, an almost grayish off white|
|With all that linen I felt the need to do some lining, which of course reminded me that I hate lining and there are going to be 28 figures in the unit. That's a lot of lining|
|I lost the definition of the fringe so I went back with thinned blackened brown to restore, which means drybrushing the top of the fringe to restore the linen color|
|More to remind myself, but these are the colors I used for the hunting shirts|
|Then I kind of jumped forward, crossbelts in pure white so they stand out, plus various accouterments have been finished off.|
And jumping forward a bit to the finished stick. I just really forgot to take pictures. While I'm happy with the miniatures themselves I'm not all together happy with my paintwork on these. I will have to go back and try and tighten things up a bit.