Quotes

Life is short, break the rules. Forgive quickly, kiss slowly. Love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that makes you smile. - Samuel Longhorne Clemens (Mark Twain)

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

LoTR Rohan; Grimbold's Warband

Of the three warbands that will make up my army for September this is the first one that I at least have all the troops for now. I was so excited about the Mounted Royal Guard that I forgot to mention that the box also had two blister packages. One was Grimbold himself and the other was his command; a horn blower and a standard bearer and they are metal not Finecast!. That gives me 16 warriors that have all been converted and primed white, Grimbold and his command which need to be cleaned up and primed as well. I definitely won't start painting this bunch until Grimbold and crew are primed and ready. I'll have an easier time making everything match if I do that. I will also need to figure out what type of conversions I can pull off on the metal miniatures. Conversions are a tad bit harder with those than the plastics. I'll probably keep it pretty simple.

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I certainly hope so! Since I'm not the best player out there and I'm taking what many consider a weak army, I'm going all out to win the painting award.

      Delete
  2. You're a tease Kris, this project is something to look forward to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm kind of teasing myself with this one too. I'm keeping it close to my work area just to be sure I don't forget about it.

      Delete
  3. You'll win the painting award Kris. There's not too many guys out there that are better painters than you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, thank you! But you can never be complacent about these things and there are some really good painters in this area. I taught a bunch of them!

      Delete
  4. You've taught them too well grasshopper. When the student exceeds the master it's a sign that the master has taught well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The lesson here is never teach them everything, always hold back critical tidbits of information!

      Delete