Quotes

Life is short, break the rules. Forgive quickly, kiss slowly. Love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that makes you smile. - Samuel Longhorne Clemens (Mark Twain)

Monday, April 16, 2012

LoTR Rohan; Carrot on a Stick

Sometimes I just need something to really keep me moving on a project. Right now I have two things to keep me working on these Normans. The first is the competition entry for ReaperCon, which must be finished by the time I leave for the convention in mid-May. The second is the converted Rohan miniatures that I finished up. They have all been primed up with white and I'm pleased that I was able to blend in the head swaps pretty seamlessly. A number of the heads are definitely a little big, but most have blended in okay, in several cases I think the new head is much better than the old. I have come to realize that a couple of these poses have heads that really are just a bit on the small side. So any way here is the carrot:



6 comments:

  1. Okay now, just how many carrots do you need on a stick to keep you moving on the competition piece which you need done by mid May? Have you bought anything new? Now tell the truth, have you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like carrots a lot, so I keep plenty around. Although these are definitely behind the ReaperCon entry, since I don't need them till September. Its just nice to have them ready to go. I actually haven't bought anything new in quite some time. Well unless you count the piece for the airbrush class, but it was included in the cost so I'm going to go with no, I haven't bought anything new on that. :-)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I'm pretty pleased with the way the conversions turned out.

      Delete
  3. Are you going to do the pieces that your Dad carved after the competition. I'd really like to see those when you're done with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll get started on that one as soon as she is ready; I checked on her this weekend and he had fixed some spots and had not finished priming her. I think he got distracted working on his latest horse.

      Delete