Quotes

Life is short, break the rules. Forgive quickly, kiss slowly. Love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that makes you smile. - Samuel Longhorne Clemens (Mark Twain)

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Norman SAGA Commission - In progress

These are Gripping Beast 28mm Normans that I'm painting on commission. Something I don't do all that often, but I have always wanted to try my hand at these. Okay, these guys don't look like much right at the moment. In fact these aren't even the Normans I wanted to start with. I left the box of regular troops at home one night and these were all I had to paint. They are painted up to a basic level at the moment, touch ups and details will come after I mount them on the horses. I have base coated the shields in solid colors at this point and I'll start free handing the shield faces before I mount them on the horses. I'll do the horses after this and then get everything assembled and completed. So these guys aren't really much to look at right now. Plus the lighting was bad and they are really hard to take pictures of when they are sort of lying flat.

4 comments:

  1. These guys look rugged and of the period. Neat figures. Also it's nice for me to be able to see a work in progress. Can you post these as you go so I can see the progress?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll try and take more pictures of these in progress and keep you posted on the progress.

      Delete
  2. Normans are such a great subject. If Dark Ages catches on here I might have to dust off those Foundry Vikings...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You might want to dust them off then. A number of the club members are getting into SAGA. These Normans will be Ray's 6pt SAGA army.

      Delete