Quotes

Life is short, break the rules. Forgive quickly, kiss slowly. Love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that makes you smile. - Samuel Longhorne Clemens (Mark Twain)

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Chia Pet Norman Knight

This picture was sort of buried in my post about finishing up the Norman SAGA army commission. I'm feeling that it really needs its own little thread since its kind of a weird result from my application of static grass to the base. Don't worry about the paint job though, it all came off when I turned it upside down to remove the excess static grass. But for posterity's sake I give you the Chia Pet Norman Knight:

6 comments:

  1. I saw the title and thought "Goody, he's posting the Chia Norman. Everybody will want one. He'll make millions!"

    I fell asleep while painting (yes, it's possible) and just woke up. I'm not going to post my knight until Sunday. I'm too knackered and my eyes are crossed!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Falling asleep while painting, nature's way of telling you its time to stop. I think that's the adult equivalent of the 4 year old falling asleep in their spaghetti!

      Delete
  2. That's the perfect way of putting it. I'm working on a mouse too and it's giving me fits. I went too light on the highlights and the poor thing look like he's got the mange. He'll be taking his second trip into the pine-sol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ouch, yes, it is definitely possible to go to light on the highlights, pine sol and simple green can be your best friend sometimes. Knowing when to do it is a plus. It is possible to tone the highlights down though when you take them to high. That's the perfect time for a glaze.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kris, that is certainly a unique take on the "Green Knight"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now its just a question of being brave enough to add glue to the whole mini and see if I can actually keep one of these happy mistakes permanently!

      Delete