Quotes

Life is short, break the rules. Forgive quickly, kiss slowly. Love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that makes you smile. - Samuel Longhorne Clemens (Mark Twain)

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Norman SAGA Commission - Hearthguard almost there

I had a productive night painting at the FLGS. While the rest of the club was playing games, Patrick and I sat and painted. For me that meant closing in on finishing the 12 Hearthguard Cavalry and the Warlord. I'm down to touch ups at this point. The Warlord's shield still needs to be finished off and the blue/white checked shield maybe re-done again. However, the riders are all mounted on their horses now and just about ready for the weapons to be added. Two of the horses tails have broken off, but I have been painting them to match so I should be okay there. One more night of painting ought to see this bunch finished off. I'll try and get the basing started on these guys tomorrow as well as trying to finish off the touch ups. After this comes the 8 Crossbowmen, 8 Spearmen and 12 Archers. For the most part that should be pretty straightforward.









6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you, they are getting there. I'm really struggling with a couple of these shields.

      Delete
  2. Those shields look really good. Your painting is always top notch, I never get tired of seeing more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy with most of them. The only one that really bothers me is the checked one. I went more extreme on the pattern this time and I don't feel like it worked out very well. I still need to go in and finish up the warlord's shield and I'm being a little hesitant getting that done because the rest of the design is pretty intricate. Hopefully there will be a great photograph of my best shield ever sometime in the next week or so.

      Delete
  3. How did I manage to miss one of your posts Kris? Bloody blogger doesn't always update my reading list. Those shields are really nice and your interpretation is excellent. How's the painting on the competition piece coming?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A little more work and they will be done. I need to finish that dragon shield. The first competition piece is coming along pretty good so far. The first stumbling block was actually priming with black. I just don't do that but its really the best primer to use with the airbrush.

      Delete