I had already airbrushed my chosen tru-color paint onto a bunch of freight cars including the cabooses. At this point I just added the two C&N logo decals and I was ready to go. I gave it a quick spray with the dullcoat and let it dry. I figured since I already had all my weathering stuff out I may as well work on weathering it up.
Its a little heavy and it looks patchy in the pictures but it looks okay when I hold it in my hand and give it the 2' test.
So the results of this evenings endeavors:
|The base coat of paint was already on my intended victim|
|Added a decal to each side. The C&N didn't number their cabooses.|
|Applied the soot first, let it streak down the sides|
|Applied rust both with a prismacolor pencil and a rust effect paint|
|Applied the dirt, doesn't look this patchy or this heavy in person. I may have to go back over it and lighten the effect.|
|Little lighter on this side. Definitely need to get a brush in there and even the powder across the surface.|