Quotes

Life is short, break the rules. Forgive quickly, kiss slowly. Love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that makes you smile. - Samuel Longhorne Clemens (Mark Twain)

Tuesday, October 17, 2017

The C&NW RR Project - Acquisitions Motive Power - Bachmann Porters

All the locomotives I have purchased for Calamity will run on the C&NW. The 2-6-0 made by Bachmann is almost a dead ringer for the 2-6-0 than was owned by the C&NW. I'm still going to be in search of the Bachmann 2-8-0 or some HO mechanism that is big enough to convert. Ultimately I need 3 of those.

In the meantime and because I wasn't quite sure what we could pull off in the house I managed to acquire a couple of small porters since I wasn't sure what kind of space might be available. These might still find a home on the larger layout shuttle cars between mines or something similar. These are neat little engines and if we don't get around to doing something bigger then I can always do something smaller and store it away as long as it fits that 45"x 23" footprint.



The 0-4-2 Porter. Both of these feature a saddle tank for the water, it certainly bulks them up a little bit.



The 0-4-0 Porter, very similar to the 0-4-2. Again this one comes with a saddletank but I'm not sure where the coal or wood is going to reside!




No comments:

Post a Comment