Quotes

Life is short, break the rules. Forgive quickly, kiss slowly. Love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that makes you smile. - Samuel Longhorne Clemens (Mark Twain)

Thursday, February 28, 2019

New Kickstarter - Brigade Games - AWI

Here is, yet another, Kickstarter that has peaked my interest. While my own AWI project has been on hold for a while this is the kind of thing that could bring it back to the front of the list of things to work on. My last experience with a Brigade Games Kickstarter was for their WWII miniatures for their WWII miniature rules; Disposable Heroes (second edition I think, the original was published by Iron Ivan Games and I have almost all the supplements for it). They produced the Americans in the M41 uniform so post Normandy and late war Germans and I bought in at a platoon of each for the WWII project. They were good gaming miniatures but not great (in my opinion) but worth the price and the variety is very good with lots of extra weapon choices. There was a delay in shipping, which is certainly not unusual with projects that require hundreds of figures to be cast.packaged and shipped so I was not surprised with that and expected as much.

You can see the Americans from that Kickstarter here:
Brigade Games WWII Americans

The AWI kickstarter is in currently in process and has been funded. I believe that this is a different sculptor than the one who sculpted the WWII miniatures and I have to say I like the looks of these quite a bit. They are very similar in style to those from Fife and Drum although maybe not as "clean" you can see some of the Fife and Drum miniatures I have here:
Fife and Drum AWI Samples
and some painted versions here:
Fife and Drum AWI Painted Continentals

These look like they would fit in well with the Fife and Drum and the Perry Miniature plastics that I already have. If I jump in on this one it would probably be mostly for the British. I do wish they were going to do some cavalry with this kickstarter but I don't see any in the stretch goals.

I do need to mull it over but I think these are very good looking miniatures and would be worth jumping in on it. Here is the direct link to the kickstarter

Brigade Games American War of Independence

A look at some of the sculpts, note these are actual greens not digital renderings. The only thing I would like to see different is to have one of each of the command sets as core packs rather than stretch goals. And again some cavalry would have been nice to see.


















2 comments:

  1. Thanks for pointing these out. They are sculpted by Paul Hicks, who makes some pretty great figures. The basic rate of $11 for six figures is actually more than Perry figures (£7.5 or ~$9.98), but new sculpts are always welcome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. More expensive than Perry, although their shipping charges can kill you, and in line with Fife and Drum.

      Delete