Quotes

Life is short, break the rules. Forgive quickly, kiss slowly. Love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that makes you smile. - Samuel Longhorne Clemens (Mark Twain)

Thursday, August 3, 2023

World War II Project - 28mm Village Church - Sarissa Precision - The Roofs - Part 4

I'm still cutting more shingles because you always need more than you think. One thing to keep in mind, which really applies to just about everything, if you are applying something to one side of a piece you do need to do some kind of prep on the other side. I didn't worry about the walls because I was gluing to both sides. However, the shingles will only be applied to one side of the roof structure which means something needs to be applied to the other side to keep warping down.

In this case I opted to prime the inside of the roof with a brown primer. I had brief thoughts of adding beams and interesting interior roof details and actually managed to not do any of that. I went with brown because I thought black would be to stark and brown would at least hint to some kind of wood structure.

Not a lot of pics this time. But here are the main sections all primed with brown. The mottled look comes from two different issues. First I started off with a grey primer that was just to old and gave me a lot of problems coming out of the airbrush so there was partial coverage with that. Second MDF soaks up paint. It takes 2-3 coats to get something nice and even. This has two coats and it was just starting to even out. Then I figured what's the point the only time anyone will see it is when the pull the roof off and set it aside.


No comments:

Post a Comment