Quotes

Life is short, break the rules. Forgive quickly, kiss slowly. Love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that makes you smile. - Samuel Longhorne Clemens (Mark Twain)

Monday, August 21, 2023

Roxborough Park Wood Jigsaw Puzzle

The photo I used for this puzzle is looking north up the front range from the entrance to Roxborough Park. I think I took this about 10 years ago now. It took about six hours to finish this puzzle including the prep and finish work.

The picture is dry mounted to a piece of 5 ply baltic birch plywood. First step is to locate the whimsey pieces. I use low tack tape from 3M and traced the pieces on to the tape. 

I have been cutting out the edge first and then work my way into the center. This time I decided to cut the whimsey pieces out first.

I cut up the rest of the puzzle into larger pieces to work with,

Here are the two small sky pieces cut into pieces. I do assemble the puzzle as I cut it.

The mid sky, and the other two corner sections.

One section left!

All cut out.

I then flipped it over and sanded the back so it was nice and smooth again.

After all that I attached a smaller version of the picture to the top of a wood box that I picked up from Michael's. I counted all the pieces (206), put them in a ziplock bag and dropped it in the box, which I forgot to take a picture of...oops. One present down,


No comments:

Post a Comment