Quotes

Life is short, break the rules. Forgive quickly, kiss slowly. Love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that makes you smile. - Samuel Longhorne Clemens (Mark Twain)

Thursday, August 17, 2023

World War II Project - 28mm Village Church - Sarissa Precision - The Steeple Part 4

The steeple continues to move along. From a detail standpoint I wanted to try and keep everything relatively simple, made easier since these windows don't need any glass. I simple traced the frames for the exterior on to cardboard that was about the same thickness and glued those to the interior side of the windows. Its pretty dark so no real detail is needed beyond some suggestion. I did manage to reverse one side and managed to glue an exterior detail to the inside...oops.

I also painted all of this stone work with the "neutral" stynylrez primer. Again it took a couple of coats to get good coverage the cardboard really soaks it up. I think it sets off from the darker stonework without being to jarring. Then I finally glued the lower part of the tower together. I think its looking pretty good at this point. I also finished off shingling the steeple roof.

I need to work out the rest of the details on the roof at this point.


Gluing on the extra window details on both the exterior and interior sides.

Gluing on the last of the shingles. Had to get creative with the weights since I couldn't get a clamp in this spot.

A quick look at the tower all glued together before the quoins (my new word!) have been glued in place.


Just getting a feel for how things are looking at this point. It feels like the steeple is getting taller!


A few red devils sneaking in for scale. This is a big building.


Gluing on the quoins.

At this point I still contemplating trying to avoid cutting anything till after I had them glued to the top of the steeple.

After struggling with this, I opted to cut them off to make everything easier to work with

The interior of the quoins glued in place.

The mostly finished steeple. I'm contemplating adding some texture to the quoins at this point.

Adding the top, for another look

And another dry fit. just to see how it looks. Looking good, although the height of the steeple is really starting to bother me,



2 comments: