Quotes

Life is short, break the rules. Forgive quickly, kiss slowly. Love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that makes you smile. - Samuel Longhorne Clemens (Mark Twain)

Friday, January 31, 2014

Calamity gets a Watertank - Banta Modelworks

I took the plunge and ordered the watertank I wanted with a little bit of Christmas money. This is an On3 watertank from Banta Modelworks. Its a $45 kit plus shipping which sounds expensive but its definitely in line with some of the laser cut kits I see from the gaming manufacturers and I much prefer the extra detail that comes with a model railroad kit. I took some time at lunch to get started on it. Its usually a good idea when working with a wooden kit like this to pre-weather the wood components. I figured I could do that to the stripwood and it would have a chance to dry since I won't have time to start the build until tonight. Yep, pretty excited about this one. After this I'll probably go ahead and start working on Calamity's railroad station.



Now that's a lot of parts!

Pre-staining the stripwood. Its not a good idea to pre-stain the sheet wood parts as they may warp.

2 comments:

  1. You didn't say anything about a degree in woodwork!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the scars on my fingers to prove it! This one is simple

      Delete