Quotes

Life is short, break the rules. Forgive quickly, kiss slowly. Love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that makes you smile. - Samuel Longhorne Clemens (Mark Twain)

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

The next victims...er citizens for Calamity

I'm in that never ending cycle of painting more western miniatures for Calamity. This time around I'm concentrating on by-standers, those normal everyday citizens that are not likely to be armed although they certainly may catch a bullet now and then.

This batch contains a couple sets from Knuckleduster and another pack of Wargames Foundry. Got them all prepped and primed yesterday and even managed to get started on the skin tones last night. Just in case I get to bored with this bunch I still have some gunfighters ready to paint as well. Hopefully I'll make some significant progress over the weekend on these.

The one thing I do wish is that someone would spend some time sculpting some nice female western figures. The Knuckleduster ones aren't bad and there are a couple of nice ones in the Reaper, Black Scorpion and Wargames Foundry lines. But I really need some women without guns both your regular everyday citizen types as well as a better selection of soiled doves.

Here is what's on the table:
Knuckleduster OW28-306 Pioneer Women



Knuckleduster OW28-304 Working Men



Wargames Foundry  OW11/1 Town Traders pack
This pack was a little odd. It is suppose to have 6 minis in it, but mine had 8. It included a double of the Doctor and the Fiddler from OW11/5  Just Passing Through pack. I figure Calamity is probably going to need at least 2 doctors anyway.



10 comments:

  1. Very nice! I want to get some civies next once I actually start building up a town!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its just not a game without a few innocents to get in the way!

      Delete
  2. Cool, a fair few folk to get in the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blue Moon has some nice civilians in their Things that Go Bump in the Night line, for example:

    https://www.bluemoonmanufacturing.com/view_product.php?product=BMM109

    And you might want to look in Foundry's Darkest Africa Line as well:

    http://www.wargamesfoundry.com/our-ranges/darkest-africa/explorers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have had my eye on the Blue Moon box set. I was hoping to big that one up soon, not that I like for western miniatures to paint. I hadn't looked at the Darkest Africa line, there are some women that would go nicely in Calamity in that line.

      Delete
  4. Some nice looking figures, I like the chap leaning against his shovel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That guy really intrigues me, he might be first up on the block for some paint.

      Delete
  5. Yah! COBs! I can't wait to see these folks painted up. Probably the most under-rated and under-represented type in wargames especially in skirmish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right, and yet there are a surprising number of them available out there when you start to look. I guess they just lack the Wow factor. Like I said before though it would be nice if some of the better sculptors would work on some of the more mundane western minis like children (very few), frontier women and soiled doves. Still the population of Calamity's citizens is climbing especially with shop keepers, there are a bunch of shopkeepers/bartenders available out there when you look.

      Delete