Quotes

Life is short, break the rules. Forgive quickly, kiss slowly. Love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that makes you smile. - Samuel Longhorne Clemens (Mark Twain)

Thursday, October 1, 2015

Warlord Games - Red Devils Session 3

I'm running behind tonight and I was debating whether to even get to the paints or not. I decided that I could at least get the base color on the Denison smocks. Ultimately I think I started to light. I was comparing various potential base colors and the Iraqi Sand from Vallejo Model Color looked like the best choice. Once it was on the minis though it really looked like I had went to light. I decided to modify the color a bit and pulled out the Raw Umber ink from Liquidtex. I added a bit of water and applied it over the entire surface. Obviously it flowed into all the crevices but it did darken the Iraqi sand and I think its looking like a good choice now.

I think I need to make a trip to the nearby hobby shop (Colpar Hobbies) and grab a darker green and a more medium brown for the rest of the smock. I'm not sure I want to be painting on a Friday night but I think I should be prepared to do that if I'm in for the evening.


After the initial application of Iraqi Sand. Just looks way to light at this point.

Darkened up with a little raw umber. You can see the various color candidates that I considered for the base color of the camouflage.

No comments:

Post a Comment