Quotes

Life is short, break the rules. Forgive quickly, kiss slowly. Love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that makes you smile. - Samuel Longhorne Clemens (Mark Twain)

Thursday, February 16, 2017

Reaper Miniatures - Shipping Container - First Layers

I had a few minutes and managed to get a couple of coats on the shipping container. I started with the worn chipping effect from AK Interactive. This will allow me to gently work away the next layer and expose the rusted layer that I started with.

I decided on a red shipping container so I pulled out a nice red from the Scale 75 Fantasy Line - SFG-04 Baal Crimson. I thinned this down with some of my Vallejo Airbrush Thinner. This came out of the airbrush nice and smooth. Again I wasn't to concerned with getting an even coat of paint on the container. There is a lot of weathering to come and the uneven color will actually be a benefit to this.


This is the AMMO color that I used as my rust base; A.MIG-912  Red Brown Shadow

Once the rust layer was dry I applied this Worn Effects from AK Interactive. This is a clear coat that basically provides an unstable surface for the next coat of paint so it can be rubbed away and exposes the layer beneath.

And the SFG-04 Baal Crimson from Scale 75. Very close to some of the container colors from pictures I found on the net.


4 comments:

  1. Nice, but its upside down. Door latches should be towards the bottom of the doors so you can reach them when its on the back of a truck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting. I guess there is a problem with the way the model is made. If I turn it up the other way then I'm going to have an open channel running down both sides. I may have to hope that no one else notices!

      Delete
  2. You make so many great points here that I read your article a couple of times. Your views are in accordance with my own for the most part. This is great content for your readers.
    conex box

    ReplyDelete