Quotes

Life is short, break the rules. Forgive quickly, kiss slowly. Love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that makes you smile. - Samuel Longhorne Clemens (Mark Twain)

Thursday, February 23, 2017

Reaper Miniatures - Shipping Container - Starting the Graffiti

I found a little spare time to get started on the graffiti on the shipping container. I have only done this once before on my Hasslefree Diorama; "Shopping II" and the graffiti was not particularly extensive on that. I will be doing both sides but I'm going to do them one at a time. I'll be as neat as possible but I quickly found out that trying to paint a straight line on a corrugated surface is not easy! This first side will feature the name of LANI and underneath it will be a dog. I started laying out the name, not sure this was the best way to do it, but sometimes its all about just getting paint on the mini.

The first thing I did was find a computer program on the web that could generate graffiti. Its amazing what's out there for this kind of thing. I printed off the name in full color, cut it out and traced around it to get the outline started. After that its all free hand work.

I'll continue to refine the name before I start work on the dog that will be underneath.
The yellow outline using Reaper HD Saffron Yellow.

Added the black lining, a bit rough at this stage, using the AMMO Matte Black

A bit of Punk Rock Pink and Magenta for the inside.

Refining the black lines and the pink interior.

The paints from this session.

2 comments: