I followed the same steps as the exterior, but this time I needed to cut and fit a bit more. I didn't want the wallpaper to mess up joints so I tried to keep it out of the puzzle cuts used to hold everything together. It didn't take that much longer.
Right now I'm fairly happy with how things are going. I definitely have some tear spots on the inside and outside from not having a good knife blade when I cut the paper out for the openings. I think I will definitely add sills to the windows and doors as well, just to pop the detail a bit and to hide the flaws. I'll do something similar to the exterior corners and I'll add some molding to the interior as well. The interior pieces need to be done before I glue things together, it will be a lot easier that way. I'll paint the molding first as well. The less I use a paintbrush for this build the happier I will be.
The kit details like doors, windows, and shutters will be painted before I install as well. I need to go into the door and window openings and file out any excess glue that has worked its way into the edges. I found some of that when I was cutting the paper out of the windows which resulted in some of the tearing you are seeing.
|Wallpaper glued in place, same process as the exterior. Gets a little dirt with all the glue that is flying around.|
|The 2nd story dry fitted together|
|1st Story dry fitted together. I have a rough corner back in the interior corner of the L by the backdoor.|
|All stacked up. I'm still pretty happy with this. Some clean up work is obviously necessary to fix up all the edges.|
|I like the look of everything from this particular angle.|
|The backside. Next up will be painting the detail pieces and then gluing the shell together.|